Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy 16th Wedding Anniversary, Richard!

Sixteen years ago, I married my husband. He was, is, and always will be the love of my life, my best friend, my "more than a dream come true." We promised to love each other through sickness & health, richer or poorer, good times & bad.

And we've definitely had our share of all. We've both dealt with health issues (more me than he). We've gained and lost employment. We gained new family members through marriage and birth. We've lost family members through divorce and death. We've gained and lost friends for various reasons. We've experienced many highs and lows. From the highest highs of our marriage and newlywed years to the lows of infertility. The highs of adopting Caleb, to the lows of struggles in our marriage. Back to the highs of Caden's adoption. Then the absolute depths of the ocean with the diagnosis of DIPG, the 5 1/2 month battle, and death of Caleb.

Throughout it all, we've stood. I won't say it was always easy, because it wasn't. There were times we both wanted to give in and/or give up. But, we didn't. We've weathered the storms. We've persevered. With God's help, we have stayed together.

Looking back, I can't imagine going through all we have without God. He's been the one constant in our lives that's held us together. I am so grateful for God's love, mercy, compassion & grace in our lives.

I'm also so very grateful for Richard's love, mercy, compassion & grace towards me when I've been less than loving, merciful, compassionate & graceful.

He may not be the most handsome man on the earth to anyone else, but he is to me.
He may not be perfect, but he's close enough to perfect for me.

I can't imagine what my life would be like without Richard in it. I pray daily that I never have to find out. And, I can truly say, without a doubt in my mind, that I love him more today than I did when we first married 16 years ago.

I love you, Richard. Here's to the start of the next 16 years (and all the years that follow) in our life journey with each other.

Angel





Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
===========
We still miss Caleb every moment of every day. He is always in our hearts, always in our thoughts, and is loved today, tomorrow, in ALL ways to infinity and beyond.

Angel, Richard & Caden

1 comment:

  1. How sweet!! Happy 16th anniversary dear! I am so pleased to know this. You know dear my parent’s also celebrated their 25th anniversary last month. They reserved a huge vow renewal location for the party and invited all their friends. It was really a blasting party!

    ReplyDelete