Docs have decided that he isn't handling the increase in steroids well & decreased it to 8mg per day. His surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. CST on Tuesday morning. It is supposed to last at least 2 hours.
He's resting for the moment, and has said that the bed does feel a little better now. I'm still concerned about his heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration -- all of which are high right now.
I know that the surgery is very risky, but I will be so glad when it is over and Caleb (hopefully) finally has some relief from the pain. It's so difficult seeing him in so much pain and knowing that I can't do anything to make it better. I'd gladly take his pain if it would make him feel better.
Please continue to pray for us. We need strength, peace, relief from pain & quality sleep most of all.
|Caleb and his friend, Stacy, enjoying popsicles.|