Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MRI Scheduled for Jan. 20th

Right now we are in a "wait & see" mode. They have an MRI scheduled for Thursday and want to keep him here until then so they can continue to monitor his condition.  He was vomiting a bit this morning & they said if it continues that they will do the MRI sooner.  There has been talk of possibly having to put in a shunt, but timeframe &/or necessity is still under consideration.  Bloodwork results show his potassium level is low at 3.1 & his platelet function assay is at 103 (not sure what this means). 

He met with PT & OT this morning. They are going to work on getting him a walker to see how he functions with it.  Otherwise, he's holding his own. His appetite is back, no fever & he's sleeping.

More news when we get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment