These are just a few of the things we have been blessed to receive...
- A prescription refilled & a new pair of earrings purchased while we were in the hospital
- Meals on Monday's, Wednesday's & Friday's through the entire six weeks of radiation treatment. It was such a relief to not worry about what to cook.
- $100 gift card to ToysRUs for Caleb
- $40 gift card to Caleb
- Numerous balloons & stuffed animals
- A beautiful (& huge) balloon/snack basket for Caleb
- Childcare for Caden while taking Caleb to radiation treatment
- A thorough house cleaning
- And many, many additional wonderful & generous gifts
We were also put in contact with a fantastic organization called Battle4aCure.org. The people there have sent Caleb & Caden what they call "Hope Boxes." Between Battle4aCure.org and a sister group, we have received several deliveries with presents in them between November 30th and today. After the first box arrived, I thought that was it & set the box aside to be able to open Christmas morning. Two days later, we received two more boxes. The next day, another box arrived. A few days later another box was delivered. One night earlier this week, the doorbell rang at 8:30pm. We thought it was one of our neighbors. I opened the door to find a large gift bag filled with wrapped presents in it and a lady walking away from the door. She turned back and asked, "Are you the Huffines?" I replied yes & she said, "Merry Christmas" then turned and walked away. I never even got her name. The bag was signed, "Merry Christmas to Caleb & Caden. From your Battle4theCure Angel" I brought the bag inside and began to cry. Caleb asked what was wrong and all I could do was continue to cry at the generosity of strangers. Richard explained to him that they were "happy tears." We've always been the ones to give of ourselves to others in need. We never expected to be on the receiving end of it. It has been a truly humbling experience for us.
So, we would like to send a very special "Thank You" to the following people for their love & generosity with the Christmas gifts for our boys:
- The Sathianathan Family
- The Lacour Family
- The Habbitt Family
- Mariesha Williams
- Our door-to-door delivery angel
Pictures of the boys opening their gifts have been posted to a Facebook album here:
We would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Remember that Jesus Christ is the reason we celebrate!